Thursday 19 May 2016

Inspirations in May

Saturday 14th May
A lovely sunny day - first I called in at Stockyard North Salvage in Trafford Park - a place I've been trying to visit for awhile - it's like a cross between Grumpys as was, second hand furniture and car boot.  
Alan spotted these canvas strips with numbers stencilled on to them. He said I should have haggled more, but I was happy with a fiver.
I can't wait to start working with them - I like the stencilled numbers but the backs have just as much potential.
 
On to  Salford Quays for a walk and we called in at the Lowry and saw Katie Paterson's Syzygy. I particularly liked th mirror ball which was quite disorientating but also mesmerising.   
Round the corner was a timeline for Lowrys work and what was being created st the same time. I saw this Julian Trevelyan from 1938 which was very reminiscent of the John Pipers collages which have inspired me for years.

Thursday 12th May. After hours in Manchester
To the Castlefield to see the Left wing writers perform and hear the delightful Vocal Harum sing A Capella

No comments: