Sunday 7 August 2016

Reconstructing my own work

Over the last few months there have been many developments, which began from a digital print onto a reproduction of a painting. From here I decided to start using these reproductions  to recreate some of my themes. Theses have included "tea tray/ still life", "lobster pots" "beside the sea" and "coffee pot/kettle". I have already shown some of the earlier pieces in the "Painterly Developments" post.  Two of these pieces are in the Rogue 21 exhibition at Waterside Arts in Sale.

Tea Tray  Digital print on reproduction painting
Tea Tray 
Beside the Sea
Still Life 

As I make more in this series, the image naturally evolves, as less pieces are available in the reproduction paintings that I am using.  Sometimes I recreate from sections of other pieces and other times the  composition takes over, leading to a further stage.
                                   
Kettle
                                  
Beside the Sea  
Work in progress -  I like the seated figure best as the standing figure feels too clumsy.



















No comments: