Wednesday 14 November 2012

Significant Summer Developments 2

When discussing the development of the work, during the summer with my friend Stella, she recommended Gum Arabic printing. I found a gum arabic workshop at Neo Artists Studio in Bolton and it was a revelation! The "plate" is created using an old style carbon photocopier which lent itself perfectly to my work. I was amazed by the quality prints and have since used both those prints that I created and further prints to develop my work 





I also liked it as the plates began to break up and arranged the fragments from different prints together

4 comments:

John Stephens said...

I've just been reading your comments and looking at the images Sarah. I really like them, they create an interesting set of palimpsests of images and text fragments that seem to establish links to recent culture. As ever the intuitive 'touch' from your earlier work is in strong evidence here too. Best wishes,John

Estella Scholes said...

Thanks for the mention.Great to see some more new work yesterday, which exploits the subtle layering of some new transfer techniques. Post some of the new images.

Where and Which Way? said...

Good to hear from you again and thankyou for your perceptive comments

Where and Which Way? said...

Yes I will but I'm working up to it - just setting the scene first. It was great to have such a positive response on Wednesday. Thanks again