Sunday 11 November 2012

Significant Summer Developments 1

Printing Blocks


 This summer a number of unexpected events happened that had a fortuitous effect, advancing the direction of my work.  I was given a lot of old faber and faber art pamphlet/ books which were about to be thrown out. The pages are faded to a light greyish brown and disfigured by previous users with smudges of paint and marks by the librarian.  They have become a mainstay for printing, creating collages and the titles and text also offer an extra dimension to the work.

An opportunity to use old letter printing blocks and printing plates led to a couple of wonderful afternoons  printing onto the pamphlet pages, a variety of papers and colour photocopies. I find it intriguing that work created in this way without specific direction can have such a huge impact and inform the development of the work





These are some of my favourites created in an intuitive manner.  I had begun to tire of the photocopy surface, so I like the way that the printing transforms the image.



4 comments:

Polly Corrigan said...

Sarah, I love this blog and looking at your work here! It looks so fascinating and intriguing. I love the carousel books. Xx

Estella Scholes said...

Really enjoying following this. Estella

Where and Which Way? said...

Thanks for looking Polly, I really appreciate your comments. xx

Where and Which Way? said...

Thanks Stella xx